Whiting: More Than You Ever Imagined!
Come Visit Us!
As featured on Today In America:
Whiting is a city…
- a Southern Shores Community
- born of the railroads and the Standard Oil Company in 1889.
- of historic buildings, an Andrew Carnegie library, and the Hoosier Theater.
- that cherishes its history and continues to celebrate its traditions.
- recognized for being a Tree City USA for 22 consecutive years.
- of beautiful old homes on streets named after city founders.
- specializing in unique shops and family owned businesses.
- of rich ethnic heritage and diversity.
- of festivals, summer concerts, and parades.
- ideally located 20 minutes from Chicago.
“A lakeshore destination embracing traditional values.”
To enhance public services and facilities that:
- Promote a vibrant business environment
- Provide new housing opportunities
- Expand recreational and cultural amenities
which attract people to live, visit and play in a lakeshore community that values quality, efficiency and integrity.