The Whiting-Robertsdale Chamber of Commerce, as a public catalyst, partner, and investor in the community, serves the citizens and merchants by encouraging, promoting, expanding, and enhancing the business area of Whiting-Robertsdale.
Whiting-Robertsdale Chamber of Commerce
1417 – 119th Street
Whiting, IN 46394
Executive Director: Karen A. Gajewski
For 85 years the Whiting-Robertsdale Chamber of Commerce has helped the Business Community grow. Historically the Chamber has been involved in…
- Bringing about the Hammond Marina
- The Riverboat Selection Process
- Creating the Economic Redevelopment Commission
- Creating the Park Board
- Revitalizing 119th Street
- Initiating the Whiting Robertsdale Historical Society
- Helping to develop the Robertsdale Economic Development Plan
- Successfully lobbying the various riverboat companies for 1.2 million dollars now being used for community development
Today the Chamber is also responsible for…
- Presenting Pierogi Festival® which brings over 200,000 visitors to Whiting’s retail district. Pierogi Fest® was named Event of the Year 1999 and again in 2005 by the Lake County Convention & Visitors Bureau and was recently a featured segment on WTTW’s “Wild Chicago,” the Food Network’s “Great American Festivals,” the Travel Channel’s ” Taste of America” and Travelocity.com’s “Local Secrets, Big Finds.” Pierogi Fest® was also namedone of Oprah’s Winfrey’s Top Seven Festivals in 2008 under Festivals of Food — www.oprah.com. 2015- Pierogi Fest® is a registered trademark of the Whiting Robertsdale Chamber of Commerce. All rights reserved.
- Producing the WRite Stuff, the popular free monthly magazine that reaches over 13,000 people in our area. The WRite Stuff covers local news that interests your perspective customers and is the ideal place for your company to advertise. As a chamber member, you automatically receive a 15% discount each and every time you advertise. Something new happening with your business or shop? Be included in the monthly column “Business Bits” in the Write Stuff for free.
- Producing the Whiting-Robertsdale Directory which predominantly features our members as well as ALL local resident and business phone numbers and addresses and is used daily in the home of every Whiting-Robertsdale resident. The Directory is a gift to all residents and businesses.
- Bringing signage to Calumet Avenue to direct visitors to the Whiting Business District.
- Developing advertising for our merchants through use of local billboards, radio interviews and print media.
- Seasonal events including Bunch-O-Bunnies, Garage Mahal, Pierogi Fest®, Oktoberfest, and Santa Pause.
The Business of the Chamber
is the Development of the Community
You Prosper As Our Community Prospers
The Chamber of Commerce is the business community working together and its purpose is community development. This includes the development of industry and trade as well as public relations for the Whiting-Robertsdale community. We function as the ambassador of the community by welcoming newcomers, visitors, prospective businesses and others into our area. The Chamber is supported on a voluntary membership basis and is independent of all organizations, groups and city governments.
Membership Benefits and Services
- Business Referrals
- Copy and Fax Privileges
- Member to member Referrals
- Community Census Data
- 15% off WRite Stuff advertising
- Quarterly Board / Membership Meetings
- Business After Hours
- State Tourism Info Center in Chamber Office
- Professional Staff with office open to public
- Display area for your company brochures
- Contacts and Networking Opportunities
- Ideas on advertising and promotion
- Promotional Opportunities for your business through Chamber Events
- Information on taxes and educational programs
- Merchants Meetings Twice a Month
2011 Annual Dues
- Resident / Non-Profit $40/$50
- 1-5 Employees $150
- 6-10 Employees $260
- 11-20 Employees $375
- 21-50 Employees $500
- 51-100 Employees $750
- 101-500 Employees $1175
- 501-1000 Employees $2350
- 1001 + Employees $4400
Thomas Dabertin– Resident/Citizen – President
DeeYoung– Chrislove Collectibles – 1st Vice President
Lisa Kmak– Attorney at Law – 2nd Vice President
Marty Dybel– Baran Funeral Home– 3rd Vice President
Michelle Rapp-Chase Bank – Treasurer
Board of Directors
David Pierce – Strack & Van Til
Olga Cantu– Centier Bank
Linda Gajewski – Calumet College of Saint Joseph
Susan Miller – St. Catherine Hospital
Michelle Rapp – Chase Bank
Milan Kruszynski – Hammond Port Authority
Lisa Kmak – Attorney at Law
Mike Prising – Dover Chemical
Stephanie Madison – Teachers Credit Union
Edie Rauner – Sun Catchers
Carolyn Savanidis – Region Signs
Karen Holmes – Center Lounge
Dee Young – Chrislove Collectibles
Directors at Large
Thomas Dabertin – Shared Resources Solution
Linda Lawson – Indiana State Representative
Rachel Deluna – Whiting Library
John Sopo – Winey Beach Cafe
Want to Join the Chamber?
Please call the Chamber at 219-659-0292 for membership inquiries or information.