The Marian Theatre Guild is Whiting's longest running community theatre, presenting a fall musical and spring drama/comedy annually. The Guild is associated with St. John the Baptist Catholic Church and performs in their Marian Memorial Auditorium located at 119th Street and Lincoln Avenue.
The group was originally organized as a social activity for the parishioners in 1926 with its first production called "Mammy's Lil' Wild Rose." It officially became "The Drama Club" in 1928. It continues today as an award winning theatre steeped in theatrical and community history.
The box office number for the Guild is 219-473-7555.