Discover the City of Whiting, a beautiful corridor to Lake Michigan nestled between the sites of Chicago and the shores of Michigan. This heartwarming community highlights award-winning schools, residential opportunities, family attractions, and events for all to enjoy. Our downtown is flourishing with quaint shops, a historic movie theatre, a micro-brewery, and a wide variety of cuisine; all within walking distance. Take in a game at Oil City Stadium or enjoy a stroll along the boardwalk in Whiting Lakefront Park. Whiting is the perfect place to raise a family, start a business, or simply embrace the quality of life.
Come Visit Us!
As featured on Today In America:
Whiting is a city…
- a Southern Shores Community
- born of the railroads and the Standard Oil Company in 1889.
- of historic buildings, an Andrew Carnegie library, and the Hoosier Theater.
- that cherishes its history and continues to celebrate its traditions.
- recognized as Tree City USA for the past 25 consecutive years (1992-2017).
- of beautiful old homes on streets named after city founders.
- specializing in unique shops and family owned businesses.
- of rich ethnic heritage and diversity.
- of festivals, summer concerts, and parades.
- ideally located 20 minutes from Chicago.
“A lakeshore destination embracing traditional values.”
To enhance public services and facilities that:
- Promote a vibrant business environment
- Provide new housing opportunities
- Expand recreational and cultural amenities
which attract people to live, visit and play in a lakeshore community that values quality, efficiency and integrity.