Garbage Can Fire (8-30-15)
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Whiting PD and Whiting FD was detailed to the area of 118th Street and LaPorte Avenue in reference to a garbage can on fire. Sgt. Sopo advised that the correct address is in the 1700 block of Central Avenue. Sgt. Sopo requested dispatch contact the owner of the property in reference to damage to the garage. Fireman Cunningham reported entering the garage through an open door to check for other damage. WFD reported no other damage noted and dispatch reported they couldn’t locate the owner due to bad phone numbers. Fire extinguished.