Water Conservation – Tab 2
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks
- Install water-saving shower heads and low-flow faucet aerators
- Insulate your water pipes.
- Take shorter showers.
- Turn off the water after you wet your toothbrush
- Use your dishwasher and clothes washer for only full loads
- When washing dishes by hand, don’t leave the water running for rinsing
- Keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge.
- Plant drought-resistant lawns, shrubs and plants
- Don’t water the gutter
- Water your lawn only when it needs it
- Add organic matter and use efficient watering systems for shrubs, flower beds and lawns.
- Don’t run the hose while washing your car
- Use a broom, not a hose, to clean driveways and sidewalks
- Use chemicals with care – keep them out of thes sewer system and drains