Emergency Info

Who do I contact for a problem after hours?

Click here for a list of after-hours contact numbers.

If this is an emergency, call 911 immediately!

Does the City have a Disaster Plan to address large scale emergencies?

Yes we do. Our current plan was created prior to 2004; it underwent a complete review and revision in 2005 and again in 2013. The plan has been approved by the Board of Public Works and Safety and has been reviewed and discussed by all current Department Heads. Our policy is to review and revise the plan accordingly on an annual basis. Due to the sensitive nature contained in the Disaster Plan, it is not in the City’s best interest to make the document public.

General Information

Can I view minutes of City meetings, contracts and other City information via the City's web site?

Absolutely. Mayor Stahura’s goal is to have as much information as possible available to his constituents via the Internet. You can view the ever-expanding list of information available by clicking here.

Can I access City applications or forms via the City's web site?

Absolutely. As a means to make the process more convenient by save our customers time, all of the common applications and forms that are used by the City departments or agencies are available by clicking here. In the near future we will be exploring our options that will allow electronic filing of each of these documents.

How do I file a complaint or report a non-public safety problem? Examples: Street light out, abandoned vehicles, drainage problems, over-grown weeds, property maintenance, Illinois license plates, etc.

You can file a complaint or report a problem in a couple of ways:

  • By calling 219-659-7700.
  • By printing a “Compliant Form” from the website and mailing it or faxing it to the City. You can access a complaint form by clicking here.

Are their any job openings in the City at this time?

All available City job openings will be posted on our “Job Postings” web page that can be viewed by clicking here.

Building Department
(Contractor Information)

I am planning to do some work on my home, is there information available that can help me understand the City's building requirements before I begin?

Yes there is. You can visit the Building Departments documents page by clicking here for a complete listing of building permit guides.


How can I register to vote?

You can register to vote in several ways:

  • By completing a voters registration form available at City Hall
  • By following the instructions on the State of Indiana web site at:
  • By completing a voters registration form available at the Lake County Government Center