2020 Census: Statement on Data Collection Ending Today
Thursday, October 15, 2020
As of today, well over 99.9% of housing units have been accounted for in the 2020 Census. Self-response and field data collection operations for the 2020 Census will conclude on October 15, 2020.
- Internet self-response will be available across the nation through October 15, 2020 through 11:59 pm Hawaii Standard Time (HST), (through 5:59 am Eastern Daylight Time on October 16, 2020). Visit 2020Census.gov to respond today.
- Phone response will be available for its regularly scheduled time on October 15, 2020.
- English (for 50 states and Washington, D.C.): 844-330-2020
- Spanish (for 50 states and Washington, D.C.): 844-468-2020
- Paper responses must be postmarked by October 15, 2020.
- Nonresponse follow-up census takers will continue resolving nonresponding addresses thorugh the end of the day on October 15, 2020.
The U.S. Census Bureau is currently updating 2020Census.gov, Census.gov, as well as all external and internal guidance to reflect the schedule update.
Help us spread the word about the 2020 Census!