WHITING POLICE DEPARTMENT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM NON-CERTIFIED PERSONS AND EXPERIENCED POLICE OFFICERS FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER
Wednesday, January 10, 2024
The Whiting Police Department will begin accepting applications from non-certified persons and experienced Police Officers for the position of Police Officer with the City of Whiting starting on January 10, 2024.
Applications will be accepted until January 26, 2024. Any applicant who previously submitted a job application for a Police Officer position will need to reapply.
All applications must be accompanied by a nonrefundable $25.00 Public Safety Testing Fee, payable by cash or money order to the City of Whiting.
CERTIFIED OFFICERS WELCOME TO APPLY!
2024 Base Salary for Patrolman: $68,760
To be eligible for employment, an applicant must meet the following initial criteria:
- U.S. citizenship
- At least 21 years of age by date of hire and less than 40 years of age on date of appointment
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Ability to read and write English
- Possession of a valid Indiana Operator’s License and clean driving record at date of hire
- Good moral character and reputation
- No felony convictions
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Certified (if receiving e-hire benefits)
The hiring procedure will be as follows:
- Applications will be reviewed to determine initial eligibility – this will include criminal background checks, driving record review, etc.
- Limited oral interviews will be conducted
- Polygraph/Psychological/Drug Testing
- Hiring eligibility list will be created
- Conditional offer of employment will be made and applicant will be subject to all state testing requirements and acceptance by the Police & Fire Retirement Fund
- Probationary period for emergency hires maybe sixteen (16) weeks to fifty two (52) weeks depending on experience, qualifications, and performance
The applications are available from the Mayor’s Office at Whiting City Hall, 1443 – 119th Street, Whiting, Indiana, or by clicking here.
Completed applications should be returned to the Whiting Police Department no later than 2:00 PM January 26, 2024.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For questions, contact Police Chief John Sotello at email@example.com or (219)659-2131.